Tresco Art Breaks with Newlyn School of Art
Where better to be inspired to put brush to canvas and develop your painting skills than beautiful Tresco?
The island has a longstanding relationship with the excellent Newlyn School of Art, which has gained a national reputation for providing short art courses taught by many of the most respected artists working in Cornwall today.
These courses offer a broad and free approach to landscape painting with waterbased paints used alongside other mixed media. All levels of experience are welcome but a familiarity with painting outdoors would be helpful.
With a maximum of ten people per course, every participant can benefit from plenty of one to one time with the experienced tutor. All breaks are hosted by artists who know the island intimately and have exhibited their own work here many times.
2021 & 2022 Courses
In 2021 we are offering the courses below:
- 19th - 24th May - Paul Lewin
- 23rd - 28th June - Amanda Hoskin
- 7th - 12th July - Maggie O'Brien
- 8th - 13th September - Anita Reynolds
- 15th - 20th September - Imogen Bone
In 2022 we are offering the following courses:
- 11th May 2022 (Tutor TBC)
- 8th June 2022 (Tutor TBC)
- 6th July 2022 (Tutor TBC)
- 7th September 2022 (Tutor TBC)
- 21st September 2022 (Tutor TBC)
Each course includes:
- 5 nights' accommodation at The New Inn, on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- Welcome drinks reception and group dinner with the tutor on the first night
- Painting tuition - use of the Lobster Room at the New Inn
- Free unlimited entrance to the Tresco Abbey Garden
- Spa membership and use of the leisure facilities
In 2021, the cost of the break is £1,280 for course participants. Non-participating partners are welcome to join you for £805 per person. A single supplement applies.
In 2022, the cost of the break is £1,370 for course participants. Non-participating partners are welcome to join you for £850 per person. A single supplement applies.
Book Now for 2021 or 2022
Travel from the mainland is not included in the break price. You can fly direct to Tresco by helicopter with Penzance Helicopters (transfers to your accommodation included).
Alternatively, you can fly into St Mary's with Penzance Helicopters, or travel by air from Newquay, Land's End or Exeter, or sea from Penzance with Isles of Scilly Travel (transfers to Tresco payable locally).