Tresco Painting Breaks
Where better to be inspired to put brush to canvas and develop your painting skills than beautiful Tresco?
The island has a longstanding relationship with the excellent Newlyn School of Art, which has gained a national reputation for providing short art courses taught by many of the most respected artists working in Cornwall today.
These courses offer a broad and free approach to landscape painting with waterbased paints used alongside other mixed media. All levels of experience are welcome but a familiarity with painting outdoors would be helpful.
With a maximum of ten people per course, every participant can benefit from plenty of one to one time with the experienced tutor. All breaks are hosted by artists who know the island intimately and have exhibited their own work here many times.
2020 Dates & Break Details
The following breaks are available during 2020:
- 13th - 18th May - Paul Lewin
- 3rd - 8th June - Anita Reynolds
- 17th - 22nd June - Amanda Hoskin
- 9th - 14th September - Imogen Bone
- 23rd - 28th September - Maggie O'Brien
Each break costs £1280 per person and includes:
- 5 nights' accommodation at the New Inn, on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis
- Welcome drinks reception and group dinner with the tutor on the first night
- Painting tuition - use of the Lobster Room at the New Inn
- Free unlimited entrance to the Tresco Abbey Garden
- Spa membership and use of the leisure facilities
Non-participating partners are welcome to join you on your break (£805pp). A single supplement of £150 is applicable.
Travel from the mainland to the islands is not included - you can travel by plane from Land's End, Newquay and Exeter or Scillonian ferry from Penzance. Book direct with Isles of Scilly Travel.