Tresco Painting Breaks
Where better to be inspired to put brush to canvas and develop your painting skills than beautiful Tresco?
The island has a longstanding relationship with the excellent Newlyn School of Art, which has gained a national reputation for providing short art courses taught by many of the most respected artists working in Cornwall today. The artists hosting our breaks all know the islands intimately and have exhibited their work at Gallery Tresco many times.
These courses offer a broad and free approach to landscape painting with water-based paints used alongside other mixed media. All levels of experience are welcome, but familiarity with painting outdoors would be helpful.
All painting materials, different types of paper and brushes are provided by the art school for the water-based mixed media we teach with. These courses offer a broader and free approach to landscape painting with water-based paints used alongside other mixed media.
With a maximum of twelve people per course, every participant can benefit from plenty of one-to-one time with the experienced tutor.
Due to the nature of the terrain on the island, this holiday course is not suitable for anyone who is unable to walk for at least a mile, often over uneven surfaces. Attendees are also required to get on and off small boats and climb steep granite quayside steps. It is also important to be agile enough to be happily seated on the ground at times.
|8th May 2024||Anita Reynolds|
|22nd May 2024||Amanda Hoskin|
|14th June 2024||Imogen Bone|
|3rd July 2024||Maggie O'Brien|
|6th September 2024||Maggie O'Brien|
|20th September 2024||Paul Lewin|
Each course includes:
- Five nights' dinner, bed & breakfast accommodation at The New Inn
- Four days of painting tuition with an expert tutor from Newlyn School of Art
- Welcome drinks reception and group dinner with the tutor on the first night
- Boat trip to another island for a day's excursion
- Entrance to Tresco Abbey Garden & Tresco Island Spa throughout your stay
- Complimentary transfers for guests flying into Tresco with Penzance Helicopters (transfers payable locally for guests arriving at St Mary's)
The cost of the break is £1,770 for course participants. A single occupancy rate is available. Non-participating partners are welcome to join you for £990 per person.
To find out more or to book, please contact Newlyn School of Art on 01736 365557.