Deli & Retail Assistants - Tresco Island
We're looking for energetic and helpful retail assistants to join a friendly, supportive team in our Tresco Island Stores for our 2021 season
Department: Tresco Stores
Reporting to: Head of Retail
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal (Spring – October 2021)
- Serving on the delicatessen and cash tills
- Stock replenishment and rotation
- Working within a team to achieve and deliver great customer service
- Efficiently picking and processing delivery orders for guests and residents
- Ensuring the shop floor is kept clean and tidy at all times
Our ideal candidate:
- Hard working, flexible and enthusiastic
- Honest with an understanding of the need for confidentiality
- Willing to undergo further training and take on responsibilities as required
- Able to maintain a consistently high standard of customer care at all times
- Of smart appearance and well presented (uniform is provided)
- Able to speak English
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Islandcomprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzanceat the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.