We're on the look out for passionate chefs, excited to join our friendly
teams on Tresco Island & our award winning, 3 AA rosette Hell Bay
Hotel on the beautiful island of Bryher for our 2024 season.
We have accommodation available for single applicants or couples, with potential opportunities for partners that may also be seeking employment in our kitchens, front of house and housekeeping teams.
Department: Tresco Island & Hell Bay Hotel
Reporting to: Head Chef
Salary: Competitive, Hourly wage
Hours: Full Time, 2 days off per week
Contract Length: Seasonal, February to November
- Preparing dishes & ensuring food is served to a consistently high standard
- Working closely with the Head Chef planning menus & developing new dishes
- Liaising with suppliers & placing orders, while keeping to budgets & controlling costs
- Monitoring and maintaining consistent portion and waste control to maintain set profit margins
- Helping the Head Chef with staff rotas, assisting the management & training of Chef de Parties, Demi-CDPs & Kitchen Porters
- Helping to oversee the smooth running of daily operations in the kitchen and responsible for leading the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
- Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean and tidy at all times in line with health and hygiene safety regulations
- Undergoing any training required provided to assist in the role
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A dedicated and driven individual who shares our passion for the industry
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred, or willing to take on management responsibility
- Have experience in providing outstanding service
- Committed and hungry to progress and grow your skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Adaptability to a varied and evolving menu
- Able to work well under pressure and handle varied work hours on demand
- Have a high standard of cleanliness
- Able to communicate all relevant information on nutrition and food allergens
- Have existing experience in hotel restaurant or an establishment with a good reputation for excellent cuisine
- Hold the relevant food hygiene certification or be willing to obtain them.
About Tresco Island
Tresco Island is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Island comprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzance at the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.