Reservationist / Customer Service Personnel - Tresco Island
We require reservationists / customer service personnel to join our friendly, helpful Island Office team for the 2020 season.
Department: Tresco Island Office
Reporting to: Office Manager
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal (February – October 2020)
- Taking accommodation bookings over the phone
- Gaining a vast knowledge of the island to give the best advice for guests on holiday or those making holiday bookings
- Looking after island guests and visitors - dealing with their enquiries both face to face and on the telephone in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner
- Banking duties
- Processing fuel (petrol/diesel) transactions at the till
- Making charges to guest cottage accounts for laundry, bike hire, buggy hire and electricity usage
- The organisation and logging of lost and found items
- Processing and sorting incoming and outgoing Estate mail
- Updating and maintaining information display areas
- Filing and other administrative duties
Our Ideal Candidate
- Excellent customer service skills, friendly with a welcoming approach
- Able to maintain high standards of dress and presentation
- Able to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy, high pressure environment
- Highly organised and able to quickly become part of a very efficient team
- Trustworthy, reliable and able to work unsupervised
- English fluency and the ability to converse easily both in writing and orally.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Previous work experience in a reception or reservations environment would be desirable but not necessary
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzanceat the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.