Housekeeping Supervisor - Hell Bay Hotel
We’re looking for someone with a keen eye for detail and experience in luxury hotel housekeeping to join the hands-on management team at our award winning, boutique hotel on the beautiful island of Bryher, Isles of Scilly.
Department: Hell Bay Hotel
Reporting to: Deputy General Manager
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal (Spring – October 2021)
- Leading a small team of enthusiatic housekeepers to ensure exceptional guest experiences
- Ensuring exceptional standards of cleanliness and presentation are maintained in all 25 hotel rooms and throughout public spaces
- Recruiting and managing a close-knit team of seasonal staff
- Ensuring all members of the team are trained to deliver the best service possible
- Leading the team with a hands-on approach, taking on any housekeeping work required
- Taking a lead role for legal compliance and company routines including health & safety
- Reporting any maintenance requirements efficiently, ensuring guest comfort
- Working as part of a team that ensures every guest feels valued
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have come from a hotel housekeeping background
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills, building positive relationships with both guests and staff
- Have proof of good leadership managing a or supervising a team of staff
- Experienced in or have good knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing rooms to support the housekeeping element of the role
- Organised and able to quickly become part of a very efficient team, using skills & experience to cope with multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- Energetic with a positive attitude to learning new skills and methods and happily adapting routines to suit the needs of guests
- Able to consistently deliver excellent customer service - essential to every aspect of the GA role, whether in reception, housekeeping or other general duties
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Islandcomprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzanceat the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.