Hell Bay Hotel - Food & Beverage Manager
We’re looking for someone with experience in a luxury hotel and a passion for food, wine and hospitality to join the hands-on management team at our award winning, boutique hotel on the beautiful island of Bryher, Isles of Scilly.
Department: Hell Bay Hotel
Reporting to: CEO
Salary: Competitive, with rent free accommodation
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal/Permanent
- Working alongside the Head Chef, Restaurant Manager & Deputy GM to ensure exceptional guest experiences
- Recruiting and managing an enthusiastic, close-knit team of seasonal staff
- Ensuring all members of the team are trained to deliver the best service possible
- Being present in the bar and restaurant, greeting and maintaining relationships with hotel guests
- Leading the team with a hands-on approach, taking on any bar and waiting work required
- Taking accountability for budgets, profit & loss and stock management
- Ordering wines and beverages and having a full understanding of all wines on offer
- Working closely with the kitchen to successfully communicate each day’s menu to your team and customers alike, ensuring all dietary requirements are catered for
- Ensuring exceptional standards of cleanliness and presentation are maintained throughout the restaurant and outdoor areas
- Taking a lead role for legal compliance and company routines including health & safety
- Being flexible to cover all other aspects of the hotel management if necessary
Our Ideal Candidate
- Will have come from a restaurant or hotel background
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills, building positive relationships with both guests and staff
- Have proof of good leadership managing a or supervising a team of staff
- Have the energy and stamina to lead and support the team through a busy summer season
- Be willing to work split shifts and weekends where necessary
- Have a strong knowledge and passion for high quality food, drink and customer service
- Hold a personal licence and a current food hygiene certificate (or be willing to train to obtain these)
- Should be able to provide excellent references upon request
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Island comprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world-famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzance at the beginning and end of your contract period. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.