General Assistant / Housekeeper - Hell Bay Hotel
We require a General Assistant / Housekeeper to join our Hell Bay Hotel team for the 2020 season
Department: Hell Bay Hotel
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal (February – October 2020
- Housekeeping and maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel
- Making that all important first impression when welcoming guests and helping with their needs
- Handling any telephone enquiries or bookings of accommodation or travel in a polite and friendly manner
- Reporting any maintenance requirements efficiently, ensuring guest comfort
- Working as part of a team that ensures every guest feels valued
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experienced in or have good knowledge of cleaning and sanitizing rooms to support the housekeeping element of the role
- Organised and able to quickly become part of a very efficient team, using skills & experience to cope with multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- Energetic with a positive attitude to learning new skills and methods and happily adapting routines to suit the needs of guests
- Able to consistently deliver excellent customer service - essential to every aspect of the GA role, whether in reception, housekeeping or other general duties
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Islandcomprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzanceat the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Tresco and Bryher have small and welcoming communities and share a small school, located on Tresco.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.