Cottage Cleaners & Housekeeping Couples - Tresco Island
We require cleaning staff to join our friendly teams looking after our timeshare and holiday cottages for the 2021 season.
Please note: Due to limited island accommodation, we can can now only accept applications from couples or friends willing to share a twin room.
Department: Tresco Island Cottage Department
Reporting to: Housekeeping Manager
Salary: 8.91 per hour to start
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal (April – October 2021)
- Cleaning guest accommodation to a very high standard
- Changing linen and ensuring all used linen is transported to the laundry department
- Performing inventory checks so that cottages are ready and fully equipped for the next guests
- Checking cottages for any maintenance or decoration issues and reporting these to the maintenance team
- Assisting with the laundry and cleaning of other guest and staff areas across the island
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A perfectionist with a keen eye for detail
- Ideal job for couples to apply for in pairs
- Experienced in or have good knowledge of housekeeping
- Good at working efficiently as part of a team
- Willing to undergo any training provided to assist in the role
- Well presented and maintain smart appearance (uniform is provided)
- Consistently hard working, flexible and enthusiastic
- Competent at cycling to efficiently travel between cottages
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family‐run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Island comprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award‐winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Living & Working Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzance at the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.