Sous Chef, Chef De Partie & Commis Chef - Tresco Island & Hell Bay Hotel
We require chefs – Sous Chefs; Chef De Partie; Demi Chef De Partie & Commis Chefs to join our friendly teams on Tresco & our award winning, 3 AA rosettes Hell Bay Hotel on the beautiful island of Bryher for our 2020 season.
Department: The New Inn, Ruin Beach Café, Flying Boat & Hell Bay Hotel
Reporting to: General Manager
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal (February – October 2020)
- Preparing and cooking fresh produce to create our high rated cuisine
- Ensuring food quality and hygiene are maintained at the highest levels
- Assisting the Head Chef in the development of new dishes
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A dedicated and driven individual who shares our passion for the industry
- Have experience in providing outstanding service
- Committed and hungry to progress and grow your skills
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Able to work well under pressure
- Have a high standard of cleanliness
- Able to communicate all relevant information on nutrition and food allergens
- Have existing experience in hotel restaurant or an establishment with good reputation for excellent cuisine
- Hold the relevant kitchen and hygiene certificates or be willing to obtain them
About Tresco Estate
Tresco Estate is a family-run business on the Isles of Scilly, 28 miles from the Cornish coast, comprising Tresco Island, and Hell Bay Hotel on the neighbouring island of Bryher. Tresco Island comprises timeshare and rental cottages, two restaurants, an inn, a world famous garden, gallery, leisure spa, shop and a working farm. Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher is an award-winning boutique hotel with 25 suites, a 3 AA Rosette restaurant, Crab Shack, therapy shed, yoga studio and outdoor pool.
Working & Living Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzanceat the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.