We're looking for a welcoming & enthusiastic bar supervisor to help lead our friendly food & beverage teams at The New Inn, Tresco and at Hell Bay Hotel on Bryher for the 2022 summer season.
Department: Hell Bay Hotel & The New Inn
Reporting to: Department Manager
Salary: £11+ per hour
Hours: Full Time
Contract Length: Seasonal (June – November 2022)
- Serving customers at the bar, providing knowledge of all drinks & wine on offer
- Managing stock, ordering with suppliers and cellar management
- Training other staff on bar procedures and ensuring a consistantly high standard of service
- To undertake front of house duties, including meeting, greeting and attending to the needs of guests, to consistently ensure a superb customer service experience
- To build a good rapport with all guests and resolve any complaints/issues quickly, maintaining a high quality of customer service
- Using skills and experience to cope with multi-tasking in a high pressure environment
- To be responsible for accurate and efficient guest billing processes
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Warm and friendly with a welcoming approach
- High standards of dress and presentation
- Ability to remain calm during difficult situations or in a very busy environment
- Must be organised and able to quickly become part of a very efficient team
- Trustworthy with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Living and Working Here
We offer excellent rates of pay, provide all staff with accommodation and pay for your travel from Penzance at the beginning and end of your contract period. All of our staff are paid at National Living Wage or above, and many positions offer gratuities and the option of paid overtime. We know a good team member when we see them, and there are regular opportunities for progression within our business.
Besides getting to work on a beautiful island with the beach on your doorstep, you’ll also receive extensive benefits. These include 20% discount in our shop and restaurants, complimentary boat tickets and free use of camping equipment and kayaks to explore the islands, and preferential rates in our holiday accommodation so friends and family can come and visit.