Autumn Wellbeing & Yoga Retreat
Where better to escape the daily routine and find true peace and stillness than a tiny island 28-miles off the Cornish coast, where life is led by the rhythm of the tide?
Refresh, recharge and rejuvenate with five serene nights on Tresco as island yogi Gem Hansen and guest tutor Will Harrigan lead you through meditation, yoga and breathwork to integrate mind, body and spirit. Deepen your existing practice and discover peace and balance through holistic health on Tresco this autumn.
Incorporating a range of yogic styles as well as meditative practise, the retreat promises to be simultaneously grounding and uplifting. Of course, there will also be plenty of time to soak up the natural beauty and peace of the island, whether on a peaceful cycle, wild swim or simply watching the sunset in silence.
The break takes place from 20th - 25th October 2021 and includes:
- Five nights' dinner, bed & breakfast accommodation at The New Inn
- Daily meditation and Asana practices each morning, as well as a separate evening class incorporating vinyasa, yin, restorative and yoga nidra sessions, all with integrated pranayama (breathwork) sessions
- A 30-minute neck, shoulder and back massage at the Tresco Island Spa
- Membership of the Tresco Island Spa and unlimited entry to the breathtaking Abbey Garden
- Bike hire for the duration of the retreat
- Complimentary transfers to your accommodation on arrival and departure for those travelling into Tresco with Penzance Helicopters (For those travelling by Scillonian, Skybus or Helicopter into St Mary's, transfers are payable locally
Now fully booked! You may be interested in our Spring Equinox Yoga Retreat with Gem in March 2022.
Based on neighbouring Bryher, Gem is thrilled to be teaching yoga on Tresco. She believes the time honoured practice of yoga offers an establishment of inner resources to allows us to navigate life with a union of intention and grace. Gem aims to offer her interpretation of yoga as a balancing modality in classes that offer both strength and serenity. Gem is accredited with 500 hours certified by Yoga Alliance and has a dedicated daily practice.
Alongside being a qualified yoga teacher, Will's passion also extends to mindfulness and meditation practice. Based in Cornwall, he has developed a love for the islands whilst joining Gem to deliver combined yoga / meditation workshops. On yoga, he says 'I have always advocated yoga as the remedy to all of life's issues and believe in it as a vehicle for healing and transformation. It has certainly helped me through all my challenges and this experience is the basis of my practice.'
The first Autumn Wellbeing & Yoga Retreat took place in 2020 - here's what participants thought:
'Thank you so much for such a beautiful experience on Tresco. I just found it so uplifting and magical.
I haven’t ever really had yoga instruction before so I loved the tasters of the different types of yoga and watching how Gem and Will do it so differently but in ways that are very true to yourselves.
I will take so much home with me but mostly a heightened awareness of the spiritual side of yoga and why we do it aside from the physical benefits.
Gem and Will bring so much passion to the experience but always in a very calm and measured way.
I’m so glad I came to Tresco and will definitely be back one day. I thought that I couldn’t be more in love with a place than Cornwall but turns out I can!'