Spring Equinox Yoga Retreat
Embrace the cleansing energy of seasonal change on a soulful yogic escape on Tresco.
Led by our island yogi Gem Hansen, this Yoga Retreat taking place across the Spring Equinox will last four nights, fusing gentle flow, island hopping, restorative sessions, sunrise salutations, guided meditation and coastal explorations.
Why practise yoga over the Spring Equinox?
Aligning with nature's rhythms is a powerful way to inspire your yoga practice to go beyond the mat. Transitioning into spring could be a chance to purify your life, habits and patterns by embracing cleansing energy and the change inspired by the seasonal shift.
Spring also symbolises an awakening, a beautiful opportunity to start to move again, away from winter's stagnant mood. Day and night are equal length at equinox which demonstrates the elusive balance we seek in yoga and in life.
The break takes place from Thursday 18th – Monday 22nd March 2021. A full itinerary is available below, but the break includes:
- Four nights' self-catering accommodation in a Sea Garden Apartment
- A three-course group dinner at The Ruin Beach Café on your night of arrival
- Access to the Tresco Island Spa
- Entrance to Tresco Abbey Garden
- Return boat trip to Bryher
- Lunch at Hell Bay Hotel
- Six yoga/meditation sessions throughout the break
- Complimentary transfers between Tresco Heliport and The New Inn on arrival and departure for those travelling with Penzance Helicopters (For those travelling by Skybus, a return transfer service from St Mary's is available for £34 per person)
This break £580pp based on two sharing. Non-participants are welcome at a rate of £460pp (excludes yoga sessions). A single supplement of £120 is payable.
Based on neighbouring Bryher, Gem is thrilled to be teaching Vinyasa yoga on the islands. She believes in yoga's incredible capacity to find harmony between the opposing energies of the world and aims to create classes that offer both strength and serenity. Gem is accredited with 435 hours certified by Yoga Alliance and holds a Level 3 First Aid Certificate.