Draw inspiration from island surroundings as writer Hannah Dennison helps take the mystery out of writing a mystery!
With a background in mystery-writing and a series set on Scilly currently underway, Hannah Dennison heads up this workshop designed to give participants the confidence to pursue their writing dreams. Hannah’s teaching and the evocative landscape of Tresco intertwine to form an ideal incubator for creative concepts, plots and complex characters.
The retreat will take place from Wednesday 2nd – Monday 7th October 2019, and includes:
• Five nights’ accommodation on Tresco
• Four-day writing workshop - morning group sessions and one-to-one opportunities with the tutor in the afternoons
• Access to the Tresco Island Spa and Sea Garden leisure facilities
• Entrance to the Abbey Gardens
• Group dinner at the Ruin Beach Café on the day of arrival
• Plenty of time to write or simply relax and enjoy the island!
There are two different accommodation and pricing options available for this break:
One bedroom Sea Garden cottages – self-catering (limited availability)
Two sharing: £675pp for participants, £575 for non-participating partners
Single occupancy: £825
Once a spot on the retreat has been secured, we would ask participants to arrange their own travel to the islands via Isles of Scilly Travel – it is possible to fly from Lands End, Newquay or Exeter, or to take a ferry from Penzance. Participants will need to inform the Island Office of their travel arrangements once in place – those travelling on flights would be recommended to book airport transfers with us at an additional cost of £34 per person return.