Tresco & Bryher Food & Drink FestivaI
14 – 15 September 2013
Following the success of 2012's Food Festival, we will once again be celebrating the very best in local produce, producers, chefs and suppliers. The festival will be fun, relaxed and inspiring. As well as showcasing the fabulous chefs and small producers on the islands, it will also promote some of the Cornish suppliers that help make Tresco & Bryher such wonderful foodie destinations.
14 September - Tresco
- Find out about Tresco Beef, from island farmer Paul Christopher and sample the New Inn Tresco Beef Menu.
- Sample produce from the kitchen garden with Dave Hamilton.
Meet the Pender family, purveyors and fishers of Bryher crab and lobster.
- Taste refreshing Ales of Scilly and delicious St Martin’s wine.
- Roll up your sleeves for some artisan bread-making at the Ruin Beach Café.
- Learn from the expert, as Matthew Stevens gives a masterclass in filleting and preparing fish.
- Go foraging with wild food expert Rachel Lambert.
- Enjoy St Agnes ice cream from the Troytown Dairy – a must with a hearty dollop of St Agnes clotted cream on top!
- Indulge your tastebuds in the evening at Tresco’s celebratory Food Festival Dinner.
Don’t forget to pop into the New Inn, Ruin Beach Café and the Flying Boat where our chefs will be showing off their skills and preparing an array of special delicious dishes for you to taste.
15 September - Bryher
- Local Bryher Seafood – culinary demonstrations from Hell Bay’s Head Chef Richard Kearsley.
- Samson Hill’s perfect brunch with Issy and Gareth Tibbs selling fresh baked croissants, pain au chocolat and savoury scones.
- Freshly-baked goodies including traditional Scillonian Tatie Cake from Bryher Shop’s Zoe Dan.
- Chilli to ceviche with Bryher’s Mexican Taco King, Wilbur Avilez.
- Delicious homemade fudge from Veronica Farm.
Fraggle Rock’s Kim Hopkins will be keeping the beer flowing to go with all the delicious food. In the evening, we’ll see the opening of the Hell Bay Crab Shack for a claw-cracking, shell-popping rustic banquet using the freshest crab straight from the sea…there’ll be music, dancing and a whole lot of shellfish!